- This event has passed.
WordPress Classroom Training Advanced London
26th October 2019 @ 5:09 pm£299
WordPress Advanced Course London
This advanced WordPress training course is for those who already have a solid grounding with the basics of WordPress and wish to take their websites further.
Our WordPress Advanced course will show you how to customise your website like a professional. If you studied our WordPress Starter Course, you will know by now that WordPress offers limitless opportunities; as a blogging platform as well as a tool to create great looking websites which you can customise using themes and plugins.
Join us on our online WordPress Professional courses which will provide you with the knowledge and tools required to create, market, sell from, manage and secure any WordPress website. The course also includes a module on how to prevent hacking and how to clean up a hacked site.
In just one day, you will learn all the best methods and techniques to transform a basic WordPress site into a stunning design, with all the advanced features you might want, such as hero/background images, sliders, galleries, tables, portfolios, columns, buttons, icons, live chat and much more.
What you will cover?
- How to host your own website
- How to create a static WordPress Web Page using WP Bakery Plugin
- How to create a fully functional e-commerce website
- How to use the woo-commerce plugin
- Where to purchase advanced themes and plugins to build a professional looking website
- How to source the best theme in the marketplace based on your website topic/subject
- Ways to make money on your website – free networks to register to
- Build stunning homepage layouts and use advanced widgets
- Use image sliders, featured images and hero/background images
- Create columns and do advanced formatting
- Use buttons, icons and effective “calls to action”
- Crop, resize and optimise images for WordPress
- Image galleries, portfolios, screengrabs and tables
- Beautifully display your clients, logos, testimonials, team & FAQ
- Get a beautiful design and homepage with the industry standard Genesis framework
- Events – run any type of event and sell tickets with the leading events calendar plugin
- Membership and Appointment plugins
- The leading Live Chat plugin
- A network of sites with WordPress Multisite
- Increasing Traffic and Conversions
- Speed up your website and speed testing
- Keyword Research – planners and tools
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Getting links into your site
- Using Google Analytics
- Email marketing with MailChimp
And many more….
Top 10 must have plugins for a perfect WordPress Website (Paid and Free)
- Woo-Commerce (Online Store)
- WP Bakery
- Classic Editor
- Tinymce Advanced
- Yoast SEO
- Contact Form 7
- GDPR Cookie Consent
- Google Analytics for WordPress by Monster Sights
The process and what you will need to bring on the day?
- The course runs from 10am–4pm with 20 to 30 students
- Bring your own laptop: PC, Mac or Chromebook are all fine. Or hire a laptop here. WiFi and power sockets are provided.
- Arrive at 9.30am to get online and for tea and coffee, ready for a 10am start.
- You can use your own WordPress website for the course, but will also be provided with a test site to practice on.
- You will be free to go at your own pace throughout the day. A wide range of features will be demonstrated and all training materials will be provided after the course, so there need be no fear of “falling behind”.
- We’ll break for lunch at around 1pm. lunch is not included, you can bring your own food or access to plenty of shops round the area.
- The course ends around 3pm-4pm depending on the pace of students and you are welcome to stay around to ask any final questions. Get further assistance with WordPress and with your site, plus enjoy more general networking with other students.
What you need to know?
- Basic experience of WordPress is needed – you must have knowledge of WordPress or have done WordPress Introduction in other to further your skills with this level
- Students that have done the introduction course will get access to free premium theme
- If you want, you can bring £10 to £100 if you want me to show you how to buy domain name, set up your hosting panel and how to buy the best premium themes on the marketplace otherwise we can just use the one that I will be provided for free.
- If you already attended the basic introduction course, you will be using the site you built then and developing it much further otherwise you will be provided with a practice one
- This is an intensive course and assumes a reasonable working knowledge of using computers and the internet, even if you have little or no prior knowledge of WordPress. If you are comfortable with using email, copy/paste, saving files/folders and navigating the internet, you should be fine!
- After the course you are welcome to stay around for further discussion with me, other students and questions about WordPress, your website, your business and how to set up WordPress
- After the course, you will be sent all the course materials and clear instructions for setting up your site on its own domain name (old or new).
- We offer domain and hosting services so you are welcome to use our services at affordable prices
- After the course we offer other services that you will need to run your WordPress website such as premium templates, support and guidance, SSL support, online promotions, SEO and more.
Who is it for?
- It is aimed at marketing managers/assistants, digital marketing staff, creative teams and business startups.
- Wants to create a website they can manage themselves
- Any business, organisation or individual who wants to have a successful web presence with the ability to maintain and grow their website in-house
- Already has or runs a WordPress site and wants to know how to manage it properly
- Wants to know best practises and save time avoiding all the pitfalls and delays
- Is frustrated with paying web developers to build and manage websites for them and wants to take back control!
- Wants to earn additional income by building or selling websites
- Wants a new career or a new skill to enhance their CV
Keep checking website for updates on next event, date, location and time to be confirmed.